Why does a Pipe & Drape object move when I move a truss?

dbrumbach

Hello everyone,

I have noticed a couple of strange things while using VWX2020 on Windows.

1. When in Top/Plan view - I click & drag to move Pipe & Drape object, or group of them, the Z axis changes for the drape? I have never experienced this before.

2. When in Top/Plan view - I move a truss on one layer, and it then moves a pipe & drape section on a different layer? I have never experienced this before either?

Any input on how to NOT associate items to a truss, and to not changing Z axis while moving along the X Y planes would be greatly appreciated...

Sincerely, db

System: Custom built PC i9-9900k, 64g RAM, 2TB SSD, AMD Vega Frontier edition.

if your pipe and drape is directly below a truss it is probably adding it to the truss as a load and therefore giving it thew same Z value.  The same happens if you move lighting fixtures that are perhaps part of a floor package under a truss and all of a sudden they are flown!

I believe if you hold 'ALT' whilst you drag it will not attach to the truss (not 100% on this, it works for rigging objects like hoists)

A work around is to hide your truss layer when you move the p&d or perhaps use the clip cube