Referenced files do not align to (0,0) after Project Sharing update

Amorphous - Julian

Question

Hi @Tolu

I have experienced the said problem a number of times in the last few months, but never had the time to report it.

When we reference to another Vectorworks file, once we 'refresh' the Project File-  the alignment is off. This is despite the origin point aligned with the model plan at initial referencing (I have a printed hardcopy of the attached screen shot I can show you). 

There doesn't seem to be a lot we can do about this. And the shifting always goes in the same direction. Sorry to say, but this is really disruptive to work. 

I'll send you the files in DM.  

image.png

6 answers to this question

I investigated this problem further... and it is quite peculiar.  

We have the shifted references on ALL terminal except for ONE

NB: This is not the first time we have noticed this problem. But we didn't have the time to report it before. But we need to finish up our documentation soon and must resolve it now. 

@Tolu I will send you both files 

image.png

image.png

Edited by Amorphous - Julian
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Importing data from consultants that use other software can cause your User Origins to shift if you do not select the correct options when importing their files into Vectorworks.  A shifted User Origin will cause your referenced data to appear at the wrong location.

If you see a "random" shift, make sure the User Origin in your source and target files are correct. Once you have validated the User Origin, you should update all references.

If, after following these steps, your files still appear shifted, please send me your files in a Direct Message. I will investigate the problem further.