Textures on Site Model

For some reason when I change the texture on my site model, the texture only changes on the 'skirt' and not on the surface of the ground itself. The attached screen shot shows the lighter grass on the skirt, which I can't seem to apply on the surface, which is stubbornly remaining the dark green gras texture. The texture is in my class "site-model" and I can't think of any other place to look to try and change the surface texture. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 4.48.54 PM.png

Guest Wes Gardner

@MaltbyDesign...mine seems to work OK.  In the Graphic Properties dialog, I set "3D Fill" to a Class (in the example it's called "Turf") and then in the class structure, set that class's Texture to something like grass and it seems to "take."  Additionally, when that class's texture is changed, the site model reflects that change.  This is when I'm using the 3D Extruded Contours option.  This kind of resembles that stepped look we used to get in A-school when we built site models from foam core or cardboard.

Is this what you're trying to do?

Additionally, if I use the 3D Mesh option in order to get smooth terrain, I had to set the 3D Triangles category also to the class called "Turf"."

Wes

Test Site.png

Hi Wes,

Adjusting the 3D Fill didn't seem to work, nor did adjusting the 3D Triangles. I then decided to try deleting the dark grass texture from the resource manager for this model and the drawing updated to show the lighter grass texture. I got the result I was after but not sure how!

Thanks for your help!

• 2 weeks later...