VectorWorks Help on Mac Safari

What is the final word on the Help menu using Safari?

I have read a previous post on this issue, and half the people said it worked fine, the other half said it did not work.

I am on Mac OS 10.3.9, using Safari version 1.3(v312), and accessing help using the pull down menu in VW 11.5.

Help loads fine, but none of the links work. If you click the contents tab on the left frame and navigate to a subject, nothing happens when I click on it.

Same thing for the Index tab. Clicking or double clicking a line item does nothing. There is also a "Display" button at the bottom of the frame. Clicking on this while an item is selected does nothing either.

Everything described above works fine if I use Explorer, with the exception that there is no "Display" button at the bottom of the frame in Explorer.

What is up with this?

I have the same problem PeterT...except that it is intermittent. Sometimes it works but mostly it is just as you describe and I am further sorry to say I have no idea what the problem is.

Some issue with Safari I suspect but what? Just thought I'd add myself to the tally. Anyone else?

Right you are, bc, Larry, and ccroft. It seems to be intermittent. I just quit both applications, then relaunched both, then accessed help, and it seemed to be working fine this time.

Nemetschek ought to address this though, because something that "sometimes" works is not really working at all.

VectorWorks has a large enough user base on the Mac, where the Safari browser is default, that this must be a bit annoying to more than just me.

Thanks all, for the input.

PeterT,

I have had the same problems with Safari and the Help System. I solved them by reloading the application software starting with Vectorworks 11.0 and then installing the upgrade to 11.5. Finally, the help system is working as well as others have described in this thread... Hope this works for you.

Christopher Alexander

Alexander Studio

Safari 2, Tiger 10.4.2, Powermac G4 Dual 800

PeterT,

I have had the same problems with Safari and the Help System. I solved them by reloading the application software starting with Vectorworks 11.0 and then installing the upgrade to 11.5. Finally, the help system is working as well as others have described in this thread... Hope this works for you.

Christopher Alexander

Alexander Studio

Safari 2, Tiger 10.4.2, Powermac G4 Dual 800

Guest Alexandra

Hello,

I apologize for the difficulties you are experiencing. This is a general problem with Safari.

Apparently, one workaround is to clear the Safari cache. Another solution, unfortunately, is to use a different browser (I'm sorry!).

We are working with the software that we use to

create the help files, and hope that they will provide a permanent solution. Our other hope is that Safari will be updated and the problem will be resolved.

Please continue to update your Safari version as new versions are released.

Thank you for your patience,

Alexandra Duffy

Senior Technical Writer

Nemetschek NA