Extrude VW2019 vs. VW 2020

Bug or Feature ?

in VW 2019 a line can be extruded to a 'wall' this 'wall' can have a fill from the attributes palette.

in VW 2020 (SP1)  the fill button is deactivated for an extrude created from a line. (It works normal for an extrude created from a rectangle or polygon)

This is very confusing when working with older files that are converted to VW 2020.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, halfcouple said:

Bug or Feature ?

in VW 2019 a line can be extruded to a 'wall' this 'wall' can have a fill from the attributes palette.

in VW 2020 (SP1)  the fill button is deactivated for an extrude created from a line. (It works normal for an extrude created from a rectangle or polygon)

This is very confusing when working with older files that are converted to VW 2020.

I have found that the line, converted to nurbs, can be extruded to a nurbs surface, which I 'think' can then be transformed to Polygon.

@RussU : That looks incredible,- I'm doing exactly the same steps in VW2020 Spotlight and as soon as the line is extruded the fill button in the attributes palette gets deactivated. This only with extrudes from lines, - polygons  and rectangles work as usual. So VW2020 Designer is not affected with this bug ????

I've just gone ahead and done a fresh download of SP1 Build 512839 from my service select- and yes, this line/extrude issue is in there for sure.

So it looks like there's a regression from previous versions that worked ok. Let's hope we see the next SP very very soon.