Open GL striped zig zag visual glitch - NVIDIA graphic card settings

zoeageorg

Question

10 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
21 minutes ago, zoeageorg said:

I moved my heliodon to a different layer and this seemed to sort it.

Could it be that there is some rogue geometry that was perhaps imported from a DWG that is a huge distance from the internal origin? I have seen this striping many times, and it is almost always a distance from origin issue.

@zoeageorg I just had this as well and it was "rogue geometry" (don't even know what that means) that was a huge distance away from where I was drawing. I can't tell you the exact step-by-steps I did to resolve, but found the answer in this forum. But basically I turned all layers and classes on, selected all in 3D side view (elevation view of your 3D model), and fit to objects and found the "rogue geometry" way off the drawing. I think I caused the problem by changing the 2D origin and it became way off the internal origin. Those two origins needed to get aligned (see Forum for that).  It seemed to be a whole bunch of items (even Loci) drawn on Screen Plane that were way off the Layer Plane. If I remember correctly I had to individually grab most of the "rogue geometry" items one at a time, change them to top plan view, and then change them to Layer Plane from Screen Plane. Then went back into side view 3D/select all, etc and repeated with more "rogue geometry" items. After catching them all I think I then re-aligned the 2D origin and the internal origin. The really nice outcome of it all is now when I switch into 3D Open GL when drawing the model stays in same place on my screen! Needless to say I'm not a techie, so hope this helps.

• Like 1