Data Tags - Unlink/Relink, Look into Depth...

twk

Question

Just moving into 2019 now, and transferring one of our larger projects to take advantage of the new features. Having testing 2019 through SPs 1-4 and now on 5.2 with smaller projects, we are confident to take the dive.

First off, the data tag has been such a breath of fresh air, in terms of a common-sense tool release, so thanks again to the devs at VW.

Secondly, a couple of questions for other users who have being using 2019 in the wild since its release and the data tag tool.

a) Is it possible to un-link an existing data tag thats been placed in the annotations viewport, to another object? e.g, A tower type building, you tag all the windows on level 1, in the annotations space, you then duplicate the whole layer (to do the next story up), you change the layer visibilities for the viewport to have the design layers for the next level up. Then realise the data tags from the previous level are still in the annotations space for this new level, however theyre still linked to the windows from the level below. Would be great to relink these tags to the new level. I havent found a way yet, if others know of way that would be great.

b) Is it possible to have the data tag look into design layer viewports on a design layer, while your in the annotation space of the sheet layer? Again, I couldn't see a way, wondering if anyone else knows.

If neither are possible, I will file an enhancement request.

Cheers,

Tui

2 answers to this question