VW 2020 updating HL viewports adds on memory demand going up to critical heights

drelARCH

Question

Hi,

I have small tiny residential house project migrated form VW2019 that cause me memory issues.

Every time I update any of HL viewports in file new amount of memory is added to demand (looking at activity monitor app). 

While OpenGL is really fast and cause no memory issues, HL render for me is quite slow (looking at size of project model) and very much memory demanding.

When I open this file memory is from hundreds of MB up to few GB. But when I rerender HL viewports it is going up quickly to 50GB and still up even 100GB!!!

File size was around 360MB(was 430 in VW 2019), but after I rerendered all my viewports (OpenGL + HL viewports) it jumped to almost 1GB.

I have set up 7 sheet layers with A3 size pages with 80 viewports (26 in Hidden Line rest OpenGL  )

Is there a way to release ever growing memory demand? Is there a way to stay in 'safe zone' with memory without restating file?

When I restart the file everything is ok until i start to render again...memory demand builds up.

In fact I am missing button to globally (after high quality rendering is performed and drawings are published) decrease viewports quality...Changing dpi back to 72 on sheet layers will not take effect...

Thanks for help.

Edited by drelARCH

4 answers to this question

On 10/14/2019 at 11:07 AM, drelARCH said:

Hi,

I have small tiny residential house project migrated form VW2019 that cause me memory issues.

Every time I update any of HL viewports in file new amount of memory is added to demand (looking at activity monitor app). 

While OpenGL is really fast and cause no memory issues, HL render for me is quite slow (looking at size of project model) and very much memory demanding.

When I open this file memory is from hundreds of MB up to few GB. But when I rerender HL viewports it is going up quickly to 50GB and still up even 100GB!!!

File size was around 360MB(was 430 in VW 2019), but after I rerendered all my viewports (OpenGL + HL viewports) it jumped to almost 1GB.

I have set up 7 sheet layers with A3 size pages with 80 viewports (26 in Hidden Line rest OpenGL  )

Is there a way to release ever growing memory demand? Is there a way to stay in 'safe zone' with memory without restating file?

When I restart the file everything is ok until i start to render again...memory demand builds up.

In fact I am missing button to globally (after high quality rendering is performed and drawings are published) decrease viewports quality...Changing dpi back to 72 on sheet layers will not take effect...

Thanks for help.

Snímka obrazovky 2019-10-14 o 11.06.20.png

I am not sure which memory you are referring to.  VW will increase its use of RAM as you update complex viewports and not release all of it until you restart the program.  Sometimes saving the file and then reverting to save will reset the RAM but I noticed that it does not in 2020.  

Edited by Helm
  • Like 1

Another project and same situations or even worse. After hitting update button HLSV is taking ages to finish. Memory demand go up to 166GB!!! 

File migrated from vw2019 into 2020 (file size 450MB) ... Mentioned viewport in attachment.

I will greatly appreciate any help or explanations what might cause this issue and how to deal with it.

Thanks.

Snímka obrazovky 2019-10-29 o 18.16.20.png

Snímka obrazovky 2019-10-29 o 17.56.50.png

• Like 1