Doors with Sidelights Width Determination

Is there a way to draw doors with sidelights based upon an overall (say, rough opening) width? It would be nice to set an overall width and then the width of the door with the rest left for the sidelight. As it stands now, I can set my door width but setting the sidelight width appears to be based on the glazed portion of the delight. So, to get the whole thing to fit within an overall width, you need to go by trial and error or do a bunch of calculation based on jamb and stile widths, etc. This is a pain in the neck when you want to experiment with different stile widths. It would be nice to just set a door width and overall unit width. Is this possible?

Thank kindly!

Guest Wes Gardner

@MaltbyDesign, I believe you're correct...there doesn't seem to be a way to input overall size (although you can choose Overall or Rough opening) and then "lock" the leaf size and let the remainder go to sidelight(s). It seems it's the other way 'round where you choose to have light(s) of a given size and then they decrease (or increase) the size of the opening intended for the door leaf. I'll put in an enhancement request for you.

Wes

@Wes Gardner Thanks very much! Is it possible to do something similar for transom lights as well? When matching windows with transoms and doors with transoms, using the same rise height doesn't present the same results. Once again it falls to trial and error to get them to match. When you sent the head height of the window and then add a transom, the head of the transom sits under that head height, rather than above it. Ideally, the window head would sit at the defined head height and the transom would extend above that, as they do for transoms applied over doors.