Create parametric Plugin: Counter (for Bakery and pastry shops) with placementlogic like architect "WALL" Plugin

Hi Folks,

for an interior producer i have to make such a parametric modul and it has to be place like i can do it with the wall

The Module includes app. 50-100 different subassemblies (Glas, LED, all the woodworking stuff particle boards, steel parts, fittings, refrigeration etc.).

Is there a good video in the video library of vectorworks how to make those "intelligent objects" and how to use these plugins i found in the menu?

I found the marionette tool, its very good and works well. Think i have to combine it with the plug in stuff.

Today i defined such a plugin, made an icon 26*20 size , but all i can do is enter python code, if i interpreted the menues right.

In which menu bar it will be appear?

I cant "open" the plugin to place some elements, symbols or else.

AND it must be possible to change parameters and so some subassemblies has to be replaced with others. This function i did not found yet, and i hope there is such a possibility.

The logic of what parts, fittings etc is totally clear, the logic functions for this are in my head. 

But where to start and how?

I made it once before with TopSolidWood (parasolid kernel + total associative Construction 3D-CAD made of the TopSolid_6 Metal Version) and it worked very well. i made complete counters (with app. 80 changeable parameters +50 fix parameters) of 15 m in app. 2 hours with all functions for production and rendering, part lists and drawings of

the glass with all drillings etc. fully automatic.

But now it has to be done with vector works.

BR KC

Edited by KingChaos

Once you create a PIO you have to use the Workspace Editor to add it to either a palette or a menu. You get to decide where to place it.

I don't think VW is going to be nearly as simple as this was in TopSolid. My guess is that it is going to take you probably 10-100 times longer to make the equivalent in Marionette.

To start, I would manually make one of the objects using all of the pieces you need. Then you can start to think about how you are going to create a Marionette to put all of those pieces into the drawing in the correct locations (parameters) to generate the final object.

Then create a marionette to do the most basic part of the object and get that working. Then add additional parts one or a few at a time and keep moving forward.

Marionette is the correct tool (in my opinion) for doing this in VW, but hooking up all of the parameters for 130 parameters is going to take some time. On top of the time you are going to spend learning VW and Marionette.

Use the Create Custom Object tile to insert PIOs or the Symbol tile to insert symbols. Both are under the BIM heading.

Good luck. Ask again as you get stuck and we will try to help.

Hello Pat,

thanks for the answer. 

i think i can reduce the params down to 30 different.

Which node oder python/vs i have to use for changing the symbols/pios?

But my problem is, that i f.e. dont know, how to place parameter measurements in the drawing. In TopSolid all you do is get a param for each distance u draw and that makes it very strong. I pyramided up to 10 levels or files with putting all the params down to -9 lvl.

I saw a vw video on youtube, where someone disactivated "show value" of a measurement then uses the prefix (parameter name) and suffic (formula). With a polyline (rectangle converted into poly) he made around all the stuff he wants to change and then he grouped the measurements and the polyline and they worked. But it was only in 2D.

Maybe someone can help me find the clue in using parametric measurements for 3d-parts in the interior module. I made a 3d part (19 mm plate) then another on on the topsurface of the first, placed a measurement and modified it. i found to different results,

1. my first plate went from rect to trapezoid and

2. the measurement shrinked and lost connection.

and how does the stuff with the intelligent objects work? i need more videos, where someone made anything.

The new job, where i need this, will start on nov, and i am quite forward the scedule with my learning vw. The first vw seminar i will get in November. The more stuff i know til then, the better questions i can ask the seminar teacher.

Maybe you have a link for a video, where someone makes a pio which is placed like a wall. The insertion mode is prob. "click-release mouse"?

br kc

In Marionette, any input node that you assign a Name to will show up in the OIP (Object Info Palette).  The Create Custom Object node is used to insert another PIO into a Marionette Object.

In Python/Vectorscript you have to use the Plugin Editor to define Parameters that will display in the OIP. You then use those parameters to calculate where in the relatively space of the PIO to draw your objects. In VS/Python you use the CreateCustomObject function to insert a PIO into an object created by script.