Ride

What is this line, and how do I get rid of it?

Question

See attached file.  There is a line in my viewport (looks like a sill, or header) but I can't get rid of it.  Can someone shed some light on this?

Vectorworks 2019 Architect, InteriorCAD, SP5.3

Macbook Pro mid-2015, Mojave

Thanks

why can't I get rid of this line?.vwx

Screen Shot 2019-10-11 at 17.13.22.png

2 answers to this question

Those lines are usually controlled by the Ceiling>Main Class. It can be confirmed by making a Top/Plan viewport. Your example, however, is a section viewport with Display 2d Components turned on. In this configuration, toggling the Ceiling>Main class has no affect. It may be a limitation or a bug. Unchecking Display 2d Components makes the lines disappear but the end display is probably not what you want. @Matt Panzer is this expected behaviour? Should class control extend to components displayed using Display 2d Components in Section Viewports?

Kevin

Hi @Kevin McAllister, I can live the results after un-checking the Display 2D Components.  Thank you.  

But it doesn't make a lot of sense as this is not a 2D component.  Plus, why would this be controlled by the Ceiling>Main class when my section line is looking down?  Seems counter-intuitive.