SarahISO

Door/window texture - 2020

Question

Hello, 

Since upgrading to 2020 we now seem unable to add textures to doors and windows. Any ideas why this might be?

I've made sure the class the door is allocated to have ' textures - use at creation' turned on. But we are a bit stumped as to why non of us are able to change the finish from the initial one that is assigned. 

Thanks in advance. 

Screenshot 2019-10-10 at 14.20.34.png

6 answers to this question

@SarahISO This is a known issue that our engineering team is looking into. The workaround would be to apply the texture to the Classes for the Door or Window parts, in the settings. If you apply the Texture to the entire object, directly in the Render tab, it will not work. You can refer to this case number to check the status of this issue:

VB-165320

Thanks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SarahISO said:

Hello, 

Since upgrading to 2020 we now seem unable to add textures to doors and windows. Any ideas why this might be?

I've made sure the class the door is allocated to have ' textures - use at creation' turned on. But we are a bit stumped as to why non of us are able to change the finish from the initial one that is assigned. 

Thanks in advance. 

Screenshot 2019-10-10 at 14.20.34.png

@SarahISO Thanks Sarah for spotting this. Out of interest are your 2019 files imported into 2020 also losing the window/door renders? (assuming you are upgrading existing 2019 files of course?)

17 hours ago, David S said:

@SarahISO Thanks Sarah for spotting this. Out of interest are your 2019 files imported into 2020 also losing the window/door renders? (assuming you are upgrading existing 2019 files of course?)

Hi David, 

657678277_Screenshot2019-10-11at10_37_33.thumb.png.5927a87e40a863fe39d83c0a536c5e83.png

I've just tested on a 2019 file and it is also happening there - see attached. 

same here. converted 2019 file. textures on doors and louvers don't work in 2020. Renders 2020 software unusable. still.  I may just go to paying for an upgrade of the previous year's version when a new version comes out. No sense in owning software that is so full of holes and unstable. The beta testing efforts clearly are not working. This is basic stuff that ought to be caught before being foisted on us.