Is there a rogue updater out and about?

1 minute ago, markdd said:

I downloaded the service pack last night using the Upadater and it works well. The updater now has a downloadable link to the list of bugs that has been fixed. This is great. Sadly, the bugs I reported are not on it!

Dang. Well, hopefully I can acquire access soon…

Too bad about the un-fixed bugs

1 minute ago, jblock said:

@mjm It is normal for the Updater to update first. Once you update the Updater app, it will download and install the Service Pack update for Vectorworks.

@jblockI do not see any actual updater.  The version stamps are different for my VWX app & the updater app. The VWX app does not seem to get updated.

Also, why do I not see the updater on the website (see above screen cap)?

Your thoughts?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

When you click More Info and the Updater opens, what happens when you click Update? This should Update the Updater so that it can begin downloading Service Pack 1. The Service Packs are no longer stand alone files that are downloaded. They are all installed through the Updater.app. 

7 minutes ago, jblock said:

When you click More Info and the Updater opens, what happens when you click Update? This should Update the Updater so that it can begin downloading Service Pack 1. The Service Packs are no longer stand alone files that are downloaded. They are all installed through the Updater.app. 

@jblockplease see attached, thank you

• Like 1

@jblockNVM, found a workaround: I moved the file named "UpdaterLog.txt" from the Vectorworks 2020 folder (stuck it on the desktop), then ran the standalone Vectorworks 2020 Updater.app and the install is chugging merrily away.

NB: Successfully updated 2020 to SP1

Edited by mjm
Conclusion of tale
  • Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Sorry for the delayed response. Thank you for the update. That is strange that it worked after moving the UpdaterLog. My guess is there is maybe a permissions issue on that file and it can't update properly. I will let our engineering team know so they can investigate.

• Like 1