Annotations in 3D views???

I am having trouble using the callout tool to add annotations to an isometric view drawing. When I use the tool the leader and arrow always go behind the object and cannot be brought to the foreground to see where the arrow/leader is pointing.

Any thoughts??

Can you dimension in 3D?? If not can the dimensions from 2D be carried over to a 3D view??

Thanks,

Tom in PA

Tom,

I've used the callout tool extensively without the problem you describe. I'm interested to know which rendering method you might be using.

A workaround would be to group the Viewport, enter the group, and place your callouts on top of the Viewport. . .rather than "in" the Viewport.

Good luck,

Travis,

I have had nothing but trouble with the Callout tool in WinXP. For the most part after the latest WinXP service release it seems to work OK but little quirks still exist, such as the problem mentioned and the lag whenever trying to delete a callout. The Revision Cloud tool has also been a trip and I still have numerous files where the cloud goes wacko and seems to corrupt the file. Once it is on the drawing there is no way to get rid of it. I have sent files to NNA thru the board and have no direct answer other than it has to do with layer scale, which is a bogus answer as it never occured on my old mac8.6 version.

Thanks for the tips,

Tom in PA

Travis,

I am trying to use the callout tool in a Final Shaded Polygon render mode. The manual also says you can modify a viewport using 2D tools and commands. I am trying to crop a viewport for a blown up detail area and the crop area cannot be editted.

Grant,

You are correct. The size of the revision cloud is usually what causes it to crash. In the older VW versions the layer scale had no effect. You could use it anywhere just as you can use dimensions on any layer size. The tool work before and now it doesn't. Why screw around with it??

Tom in PA