Added road design functionality

billholt

After something of a hiatus, I've recently upgraded to version 10.5 (from 8.5) with Landmark and Renderworks. It seems that VW now has the basic tools in place for serious civil design work, with reasonably reliable dtm processes, but the more detailed tools are very light. For example, the roadway design tools seem adequate for horizontal layout control, but the vertical design tools are limited to creating a representation of the existing profile - only a starting point.

So, toward the question: Several years ago I started developing an external application (Filemaker based and X-plat) which facilitates doing the vertical design of roadways. With a simple script I can export the xy data from the profile graphic which is generated by the "Site Model Section" command in VW, but that brings me to within sniffing distance of doing something much more worthwhile. What I really need is the xyz coordinate set which the Site Model Section script must read and consider while it is generating the xy set it uses to create the profile graphic. However, the SMS script is compiled, and unless I'm just missing it, it didn't come in the uncompiled state as part of my installation. As a result, I can't add the few script steps I need to add to get the xyz coordinate set exported.

And finally to the question: How do I get a copy of the script in the uncompiled form so I can add the necessary functionality? I guess the significance of this is pretty obvious: if I can receive 3D data from VW, then I can transfer it back into VW as a new polyline that can be used in creating the "proposed" dtm. This extends well to a drainage design package that I've also started work on.

Here's a reduced screenshot of my work in progress.

-

Thanks for any help you can provide.