Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I had massive issues before where VWX wouldn't work under a new Mac OS operating system.

Each company blamed the other & neither took any responsibility (what a surprise, eh?)

 

Is there any issues with VWX2019 & Mac OS 10.15 Catalina before I upgrade?

 

Thank you.

Edited by ConcourseDM
Spelling error

Share this post


Link to post

Hi

We have the final release with our engineering team for final testing, so would recommend waiting for a couple of days just to be certain that Apple haven't thrown in any surprises last minute.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Remember Catalina breaks all 32-bit apps. It isn't just Vectorworks you need to worry about.

 

More likely are all of those older apps or drivers that you use for specific tasks that will not longer be updated. You can try this app to check 64-bit compatibility… www.stclairsoft.com/Go64

 

Interestingly, when I run it I get this error. @Tamsin Slatter Do you know if this is an issue?826457007_ScreenShot2019-10-09at6_45_53am.thumb.png.600f944bf01780112215b03aecc6cc8f.png

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Diamond said:

Remember Catalina breaks all 32-bit apps. It isn't just Vectorworks you need to worry about.

 

More likely are all of those older apps or drivers that you use for specific tasks that will not longer be updated. You can try this app to check 64-bit compatibility… www.stclairsoft.com/Go64

 

Interestingly, when I run it I get this error. @Tamsin Slatter Do you know if this is an issue?826457007_ScreenShot2019-10-09at6_45_53am.thumb.png.600f944bf01780112215b03aecc6cc8f.png


I asked Tech support the same question a few weeks ago (also based on what I saw with Go64) and received the following reply:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Hmmm…

How are these parts running if they are 32bit?

 

While the rest of the app does run, does that mean Python or the Filemaker landscape database won't run?

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Diamond said:

Hmmm…

How are these parts running if they are 32bit?

 

While the rest of the app does run, does that mean Python or the Filemaker landscape database won't run?

 

I suppose that Python is delivered as both 64 bit and 32 bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Diamond said:

Remember Catalina breaks all 32-bit apps. It isn't just Vectorworks you need to worry about.

 

More likely are all of those older apps or drivers that you use for specific tasks that will not longer be updated. You can try this app to check 64-bit compatibility… www.stclairsoft.com/Go64

 

Interestingly, when I run it I get this error. @Tamsin Slatter Do you know if this is an issue?826457007_ScreenShot2019-10-09at6_45_53am.thumb.png.600f944bf01780112215b03aecc6cc8f.png

 

Thanks & noted but I was being specific about VWX 2019 (not 2020) as I don't want the horrendous issue I had before, when I was essentially forced to buy VWX again at full price.

 

Edited by ConcourseDM
needed to add version.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm specifically concerned about VWX 2019 as I don't wished to be forced to upgrade software that is only 1 year old.

Share this post


Link to post

 

11 minutes ago, ConcourseDM said:

I'm specifically concerned about VWX 2019 as I don't wished to be forced to upgrade software that is only 1 year old.

 

Then at least wait for the official go, which has not been given yet (as @Tamsin Slatter has already posted similarly in this thread):

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


 

7150 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046, USA   |   Contact Us:   410-290-5114

 

© 2018 Vectorworks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Vectorworks, Inc. is part of the Nemetschek Group.

×
×
  • Create New...