Importing a PDF while using a black background setup

WhoCanDo

Question

Can anyone suggest an option to fix this problem.

I have dragged and dropped a PDF file into my drawing, which works great when I use a white background setup.

However, I use a black background preference to reduce eye strain and tiredness. It's also great for clarity and contrast.

This is the result.

I've tried giving the PDF a white background, but that doesn't work.

image.thumb.png.f10ce5ebdd3f9840854de43ea056878f.png

4 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It almost seems like the PDF does not have any background at all... Is it being imported as a PDF or is it coming in as an image somehow? Can you try ungrouping the PDF? This should give you the bitmap image background and the vector data. If you are able to send me the PDF, I can take a further look.

Some great ideas guys.

However, we are dragging and dropping the PDF into the drawing so using a photo editor to change the line colours is extra time we don't want to accumulate.

The rectangle is a great idea except if the layer that the PDF is on is higher than other layers, then it blocks out all the other layers. Also, we are using layer colours which doesn't allow the block-out to be white - it's still black.

I was just wondering if VW was able to switch the black & white the same as it handles switch black & white when we change the background colour from black to white and visa-versa.