No Color in Viewports

JulieK

I'm trying Vectworks 2020 for the first time today.  I used VW 2020 to open a file originally started in VW 2019.  When I created a new viewport with final quality renderworks, the viewport ended up being rendered in grayscale.  As it was processing, it showed the correct colors, but when the rendering was complete, it was in black, gray and white.  The colors are showing correctly when I view the layers from which the viewport is made.

Guest Alex Sagatov

@JulieK It sounds like Black and  White Only may have gotten checked in the advanced properties of the viewport. Select your viewport and go to Advanced Properties in the Object Info Palette. If Black and White Only is checked with a RW viewport, it will render out in color and then switch over to gray scale/Black and White once the rendering itself completes.

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 9.50.51 AM.png

Guest Alex Sagatov

@JulieK Can you also check in File > Document Settings > Document Preferences > Display Tab > Black and White Only? Is it checked there by chance?

If that isn't it, can you possibly send me a copy of the file? I know Black and White Only settings will cause what you are describing, but I've never seen it caused by anything else...

The "Black and White Only" box was checked in document preferences.  I unchecked it, and that fixed that problem.  Thanks! 

However, now I have a different problem.  When I use hidden line as my foreground render, my doors and windows are outlined in blue instead of black.  In the past, the "black and white only" box would be checked in the document preferences but unchecked in the viewport, and the hidden line foreground rendering would be all in black.

Guest Alex Sagatov

This would point to the door/window having a blue pen applied to it. Most commonly, this would be through the Attributes Palette, but it could also be through parts of the object / classes.