Data tags, area in sq. ft.

Lisar

It’s been a long time but the problem remains the same. When I use data tags for landscape areas, I can’t seem to figure out how to make it limit the square footage to whole numbers.  I can’t imagine anyone would want the decimal places out six places as the is seemingly the default. The problem does not occur when using data tags with hardscapes.  Tech support says it's a bug but has yet to provide a fix or workaround.  Anyone else running into this issue or have a fix for it?  See below image. Thanks

127505163_Datatag.thumb.jpg.675d6a74a610af85934f508ddcef3bba.jpg

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @Lisar,

I suppose that you are using the formula that gets the Landscape Area's area parameter in the Data Tag? If so, this is happening because this formula is displaying what is written in this parameter and it cannot be modified.

However, you could use the Object Function - Area of the Data Tag, that will let you select the units in which the area is displayed and the precision. I think that this should get the job done for you.

Let me know if you need any help with that.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• 11 months later...

Just switched up to VW2021and suddenly my data tags for landscape areas no longer show the areas with the definition as defined above. ...#AREA#.#AREA## sq ft_0_1#

Any idea what's changed?  

Was hoping the default area parameter would have been fixed so it didn't show areas with 7 decimals places.

20 minutes ago, Lisar said:

Just switched up to VW2021and suddenly my data tags for landscape areas no longer show the areas with the definition as defined above. ...#AREA#.#AREA## sq ft_0_1#

Any idea what's changed?  

Was hoping the default area parameter would have been fixed so it didn't show areas with 7 decimals places.

Hello @Lisar,

I have just tested this in VW2021 and using the formula from my image above is still working fine.

Could you make a screenshot of your Define Tag Field dialog or send a test file?

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

13 hours ago, Lisar said:

Attached is a simple file showing the issue

Data Tag sample.vwx 91.05 kB · 0 downloads

- Your formula is wrong, you have #AREA# twice. If you delete the formula and add it again you will get correct results. Was the formula you were using in VW2020 the same?

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Like 1