Plant Report

antonf26

Right now I´m trying to create specific planting reports for sections of a larger landscape. I have broken the planting sections down to classes and layers but vw still does them for the whole site. I tried messing around with more specific criteria such as "layer... is... section 1(The specific design sheet of plants)"  and I still can´t get it to work. Is there a way to break up the planting plan so that I can have smaller sections of planting reports? And if there is a video that shows this or even photos that would be much appreciated.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@antonf26try drawing a box or polygon around the area and name that shape in the OIP. Make sure the plants are not tied to others outside that area or it will count the also. then set the parameter in the worksheet to look for that shape. Set the worksheet to Location> is within> NAME OF SHAPE!

• Like 3
Just now, antonf26 said:

What is an OIP?

The Object Info palette. It has a name field at the bottom, which you can use to name any object.

But the criteria method should also work on your worksheet. Just right-click on the row header that has a diamond on the left, and choose Edit Criteria, then choose Layer is xxx. You can click more choices to add further criteria.

These could be set up and appended to one worksheet also. It really depends what you are trying to show. For instance, If you have an entire design but it is in say 3 phases and you only really need to show phase 1 for plants and pricing. You could have one worksheet showing just that phase and ignore the rest for the future. or if you need all three phases to show indpenantly this could be done in one worksheet or three. I like having different worksheets because if you use a regular naming structure for the phases or areas once the worksheets are made you can use them in the future. This way if you have 20 now and the next job only has 5 areas then use worksheets 1-5 and so on.

Hope this helps clarify.