Editing contours issue

drelARCH

Hello,

Cleaning contours in existing site model (see attachment) gives me unexpected results. 

When trying to connect (compose) broken contours (with same elevations) using function 'compose' i get expected result (one single contour), but then when the moment I hit 'Exit Existing Site Model Contours'  changes are lost. Whenever I go back to edit existing contours once that I have already edited and successfully connected are broken again...?

Those changes are no passed to proposed site model either...?

Any idea what's happening?

Thanks,

Pavol

Snímka obrazovky 2019-09-27 o 15.41.54.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

There is no need to connect or combine the contours. As for editing them. Are there other modifiers on the site? also what about the contour is not to your liking or better put, what are you trying to change?

Hi @bgoff, I see what you mean with contours... I watched other day this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT0dV4BfM5Q and I remembered it as to connection must be done in order for site model to work properly...bu video is about preparation of contours to assign elevation before site model is generated.

It seem now that everything is working fine for me. I was suspicious that disconnected contours are causing my site model after update to extend far up or down... But I think I am now in full control of how and why model behave certain way. Had to set side model layer elevation to negative value. Post from other day about elevation of building and sitie model helped me a lot.