Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Creating Custom Parts with Marionette

Urstanner

How i can creating Custom Parts with the marionette script?  The goal  is to get a variable cabinet. I want to draw furniture with custom Parts from extragroup plugin. How i can handle  the width and length with marionette script. I want to control the parameters.Where do I find description for driving  the creating custom parts parameter?  Is it possible or i have i do ro do this with python script? With normal cabinet isn't possible to do from extragroup.  I'm flexible to plan with  the creating custom parts.

I hope i have the important words.

Is there anyone else here in the forum of such component programmed?

Thanks for the answer

• Love 1

I would start by taking a look at the custom Marionette cabinet that @Alan Woodwell created to see if it does what you’re looking for.

If it doesn’t, you can take a look at how he wired together that Marionette network to give you an idea of how to create your own. I don’t have much experience (at all) with Marionette, but I think possibly the best way to learn about it is to look at the Marionette networks created by others. Good luck!

• 1 month later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@Urstanner you cannot use interiorcad custom parts to create a parametric cabinet. It may be possible in a future version but as for now, it isn't. That's what we have the cabinet PIO for. Hundreds of thousands of hours have gone into its development. It is not a trivial task to create a PIO as complex as the cabinet. Would you like to explain what you are trying to achieve so we can consider it and perhaps implement it as part of the cabinet PIO?