Problem with Model Rendering

Linsey

Question

I have got a problem with rendering a model.  There are diagonal lines all over the walls and extrudes when I select 'draw edges' in OpenGL and as I rotate the model little triangles appear all around the windows and various other parts of the model - extrudes, walls, etc.  I have installed the latest service pack, re-started, etc.  None of my other models are behaving like this and I really need to fix it.  All suggestions gratefully received.

There are a couple of files attached illustrating my problem. 

Cherry Tree Cottage - Model - 2.pdf

Cherry Tree Cottage - Model.pdf

6 answers to this question

Guest Alex Sagatov

@Linsey This kind of result can be caused if there is something really far from the internal origin.

If you open your file, do an Edit > Select All and then View > Zoom > Fit to Objects. Does this zoom really far out?

If so, try doing a marquee select around your objects and then Edit > Invert Selection and delete the far objects.

Hi Tamsin

I did re-set the origin to 0, 0, 0. Not sure if this is the same thing.

I also did fit to objects and couldn't find anything far away.  I'm guessing maybe there was something hiding underneath my extrudes/walls/etc?

The only way I got it to work was to copy it to a blank file and not make the hidden classes visible when prompted.