antonf26

Scale Bar

For the scale the text automatically changes to the scale Im using in the design layer using the link value, sheet data.scale. Is there a way for the scale bar to automatically change with the scale from the design layer? (like the scale text link)

Hi antonf26, 

Do you mean you want the text size of the scale bar to change? The scale bar itself, of course, is necessarily drawn at world scale. The actual disstances and markings on the bar ought not to change!

Is it possible for the scale bar to change automatically without having to put the scale bar in every single time? For example, having it set as a title block style.

1309811251_Screenshot2019-09-23at15_59_08.thumb.png.468a59047d48481f936ecd449fb4c16c.png

The title block exists on the sheet, which  has a 1:1 scale. (The viewports on the sheet each have their own scale property.) If you don't want to put the scale bar in the Design Layer, you can put it in the notation of the viewport, where it will display correct scale.

Yes. It kind of makes sense, since you can mix-and-match viewports (drawings) of different scales on a sheet. I usually put mine just below the drawing label.

Is there a way then to have a set viewport ready? Like a template one or a style? The same way you would have a title block style where you can still edit it?

Edited by antonf26

No reason why not. Just create a viewport, give it some nominal layer and class visibility settings, and put your standard notations (drawing label, title block) in the Notations group. You can copy and paste it like any other Vectorworks object. 

I like my scale bar to be along the bottom of my sheet. Typically 1scsle bar per sheet. The prob for me putting scale bars inside vp annotations is that everytimr the vp is moved the scale bar moves.

It would be nice if scale bars could link to viewports without actually being in its annotation space.