Copy/Paste Beams - Crashes

Scott-ASC

Hi,

I have been using V2020 (win 10) for a few days now and have been drawing beams using the beam tool to recreate the roof of a venue. I have been getting a lot of crashes by copy/paste of beams that I have created, sometimes works - most of the time crashes. I'm wondering if this is a known issue.

Cheers

Scott

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Scot

I've not encountered this myself, are you using the copy and paste from the right click menu?

If you are, another way to do this that may avoid the problem would be to use the duplicate short cut,

hold the control key (command key on a mac), left click (and hold) on the object to be duplicated and then drag and drop to where you want it.

Hi Guys,

I've done a little screen capture, all that is in this file is beams created with the beam tool and some measurements. In this I use Ctrl+C and V for copy paste and it crashes. I have tried duplicate and it doesn't crash but it does hang for up to 30s and then moving the beams it hangs for 20-30s per move.........(It's not due to an old PC - Running a 2018 XPS) Manged to finish my drawing at the time by drawing all the beams one by one, was much faster that way.

Thanks

Scott 

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Thanks for the vid,

If you could pm the file it is based on, I'll have a look and see if I can spot anything that maybe causing this, I currently can't replicate the issue at my end with a clean file. Could you also send me your system specs, I doubt it is part of the issue, as I use a 2018 XPS laptop as well, but it will help.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...