Title Blocks - VW 2020

I apologize if this has been addressed before. However, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to have my title blocks show up as an option when setting up my files. I have tried saving the title block files in the Default Libraries folder/Title Blocks folder and I have also tried putting them in the Object Styles/Title Blocks folder and they just don't show up. I have even tried placing on of the title blocks into one of the supplied Simple Title Blocks file and it doesn't show up either. I literally been having to import and edit the title blocks each time to get mine imported. Can someone please help me and shed some light on what I am doing wrong. Thank you in advance for any help/advice.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @ccw,

Did you refresh your libraries from the resource manager? Also, what are you placing in the files? If you are making TBB styles, you have to place them as style symbols - red symbols and place them in the Object Styles directory. Otherwise, if you are making regular symbols to be used as graphics for the TBBs, you have to make regular symbols and place them in your Defaults/Title Blocks directory.

If you still have issues you could send me a test file or a screen recording showing what are your steps.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Like 2

I use a Workgroup Folder and Defaults to store title blocks.

Workgroup Folder:Libraries:Defaults:Sheet Border - Title Blocks

Put a VW file in that location that contains the title block, rest your Resources (Resource Manager, Gear Icon at top, Refresh Libraries) and you should be able to see your SB-TB in the list of selectable styles in the Sheet Border tool and in the OIP with a Sheet Border selected.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
On 9/21/2019 at 1:26 AM, Pat Stanford said:

I use a Workgroup Folder and Defaults to store title blocks.

Workgroup Folder:Libraries:Defaults:Sheet Border - Title Blocks

Put a VW file in that location that contains the title block, rest your Resources (Resource Manager, Gear Icon at top, Refresh Libraries) and you should be able to see your SB-TB in the list of selectable styles in the Sheet Border tool and in the OIP with a Sheet Border selected.

Hello @Pat Stanford ,

Sorry, just found that I put at the wrong location. so, it appear now.

Thanks 🙂 

-------

I am sharing the title block border style in Workgroup Folder. but when using title block border tool, it can't be found in when I tried to find anything in my Workgroup.
I checked on my Resource Manager, it's there. So I have to click on "Find in resource manager" at the window of title block window.

Edited by Yonina
problem solve
  • 1 year later...