Adding a Building to a Site Plan Questions

MaltbyDesign

I've created a site model by drawing out contours with poly lines and then converting those to 3-D poly lines, etc. with no issues and am even getting my head around site modifiers okay. I notice that if I raise or lower the site model along the z-axis, the contour elevation notations (visible in Top/Plan view) change to correspond with the amount raised or lowered. My building is layer bound so movement along the z-axis isn't (I think) an option.

How do you get a site plan to sit at the correct elevation in relation to the building without having the contour notations change? I typically set my building storeys starting at 0' while the site model, for the sake of discussion, has a range of grades from 100' to 120'. If I lower the the site plan to 0' then all the contour notes would change and show a contour range of 0' to 20'. The contours in 3-D are still correct but the notations are wrong. 

How do people typically merge the site model with the building model?

Thanks in advance!

I typically set the design layer of my DTM at 0 and the elevations of my building model design layers at the actual RL heights of the floors. This works perfectly. My contour lines say the correct levels.

I'm not sure how to set it up so that your floor level is 0.  I imagine  you would have to play around with layer elevations and DTM offsets. There is a datum elevation setting in the DTM general elevation settings so adjusting that may give you the result you want.

Hope that is helpfull.

• Like 1