Notes Manager VW2020

cberg

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 3/10/2021 at 1:30 AM, Boh said:

Hey @Hugues I've just upgraded from vw2019 to vw2021 and am struggling with the new notes manager.

If I write a callout note I'm struggling to see how to add that note to a database.

I have the callout.

I right click "edit" to open the edit callout dialogue

I click on "Add Note to Database"

Now what? Do I have to retype or copy/paste my note into the dialogue? I've already written the note, how can I just add it to the database?

See video. I must be missing something.... Please help!

Hello,

We was able to reproduce the issue (when the default database does not exist). @iborisov will look it.

Best Regards,

Kostadin Ivanov

@Boh I am hoping that through these discussions notable improvements are made by VW. I use the NM, but I'm a one-person office, not trying to reference a file that is shared. Sadly, it will get worked out on the backs of many frustrated users who are trying to make this work with a jointly referenced file.

• 4 months later...

We have also transitioned into vw2021, from vw2019, and just getting my head around the General Notes/Call Out Notes/Notes Manager workflow. A colleague who is setting up notes for the General Notes tool has found out that you can't Add multiple notes at the same time with this new workflow. You were able to in 2019. Is this WAD?

Edited by twk
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...