VW2020 issues 3d Display Pref/ Classes not deleting

bcd

Question

A VW2020 file upgraded from VW2019 is exhibiting the following issues:

• Top/Plan - 3d Display ignores the VW Preferences and is always Orthogonal+Wireframe
  • After stripping the file of everything except a simple extrude there are several Classes that will not delete.

Backsaving the file to VW2019 doesn't resolve the issue.

The original VW2019 file behaves normally.

Test file attached.

TEST VW2020 issues.vwx

2 answers to this question

• Administrator

@bcd thank you for providing the file for testing.

• Looks like a problem with non-Unified view. Probably Unified View was disabled at some point without realizing it.
  • The classes you're trying to delete are currently being stored as defaults for different tools/plugins in the file. If you activate the Wall tool and open the tool prefs you can see that there are a bunch of classes being used for the components. The same with the Slab tool prefs and the Roof prefs (accessed from within the Create Roof dialog), and probably others. If you go through and clear these out you can then delete the classes. I'm not sure if there's an easier way to clear them out or if it has to be done manually?

I hope this helps. Thanks to Tim C. in QA.  

Excellent @JuanP thanks for following up -

• I wouldn't have expected Unifed View could have the ability to override these preferences. I believe I was switching it on/off at one point to experiment.
  • Classes - usually if there is no such object in the file I would expect those classes to Purge.

Thanks Tim C also.

Edited by bcd
  • Like 1