Daniel B. Chapman

Request: MVR Element Labeling

Is there a way to name the respective parts of the MVR output based on the symbol name--or any other method--when a symbol is exported? I'm exporting a set of geometry that is all named "Scenic Piece A" etc... and structured as a group of symbols but when it comes into Vision it is just a group of Geometry.

I realize this is probably a bit of an edge case request, but it would make tracking things in the tree a lot easier. I'd love a workflow to quickly update and organize the meshes other than breaking it into a bunch of separate exports. I'm assigning an emissive mesh to all of these elements that are patched so tracking it would be incredibly helpful. 

The MVR export should pick up the name you assign to the object. (The Name field at the bottom of the OIP) If you don't give it a name we assign a generic name.

In your case you would need to give each symbol instance a unique name in the Vectorworks in the Vectorworks document and those names should show in the MVR.