Title Block Manager VW2020

Stu Wilson

Question

Hi All,

I'm in the process of standardizing how we present work and need to create a custom title block and then saving it as a company-wide layout.

A few points to note so far on TB manager:

1: How do I bring a logo into the title block and keep it there, I can't seem to see any option for this.

2: De-selecting items like "project manager" and they do not leave the title bock, they are still there.

3: Is there an option then stops the text leaving the title block boundaries.

At present, I export everything to Illustrator as for me it's quicker than spending more time trying to get a title block to work than the actual design work.!!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Stuart 

7 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @Stu Wilson,

To me it seems that using one Title Block Border style should get the job done for you.

1: Edit the style layout and insert your logo there. It will then be present in all TBBs using that style

2: How do you deselect items? Also, where from do you want them to be removed? If you uncheck the Display for the field, it is not displayed in the dialogs, but if it is linked in the layout it will remain linked. In order to remove it from the layout you will have to edit the layout and either unlink the text object or delete it.

3: You could use the Word Wrap functionality of text objects in the TBB layout.

If you need any further help let me know.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

Hello @Stu Wilson,

To me it seems that using one Title Block Border style should get the job done for you.

1: Edit the style layout and insert your logo there. It will then be present in all TBBs using that style

2: How do you deselect items? Also, where from do you want them to be removed? If you uncheck the Display for the field, it is not displayed in the dialogs, but if it is linked in the layout it will remain linked. In order to remove it from the layout you will have to edit the layout and either unlink the text object or delete it.

3: You could use the Word Wrap functionality of text objects in the TBB layout.

If you need any further help let me know.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

This still does not work how I would like it...

There is a simple way to create a Title Block and VW does not provide it.. 

For me,  Title Block manager and then should ask me what I would like in a Title Block and the wording and then populate and produce it, not edit what someone else thinks I want.

Creates so much work I have actually come to the point of giving up. 

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @Stu Wilson,

The Title Block Border is giving the users the ability to have fully customized layout. This could not be achieved if we simply relied on clicks in the manager or any other dialog. That is why the workflow for showing/hiding/creating/deleting texts displayed in the TBB layout should happen in the layout edit mode and is as easy as simply working with text objects.

However, if you do not want to customize your TBB so much, you could simply create 1 style with the desired layout and work with it. If you want to show/hide objects from it, you could assign them to different classes and then just show/hide the classes.

Also, just out of curiosity, even if we had the functionality to create text objects in the layout from the manager, where would these objects be placed? We would either have to place them on the same place or add additional controls for defining the position. And the position is not the only thing that needs difinition, we have text size, font, style, etc. which are now easily edited from the layout.

Anyway, you could fill in a wish about this and we will look into it.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov