willofmaine

Framing Members are Placed in Class of Previous Symbol

Question

In Vectorworks 2020, when using the Framing Member Tool to insert a Framing Member, the Framing Member is assigned to the class of the last previously inserted Symbol.

Create a default Blank File.

Import and insert a symbol that is set to insert to a class other than the None class.

Use the Framing Member Tool to draw a default Framing Member.

The drawn Framing Member is not in the current None class as expected, but instead it's in the class of the symbol.

Repeat with a different symbol assigned to another class, and the next Framing Member will be in the class of the second symbol.

VWIS164

3 answers to this question

@willofmaine I am able to replicate this as well and it has been submitted for review (Reference Number: VB-165310).

For what its worth: I am getting the same results in 2019, so it doesn't appear to be 2020 specific. I also get these results with the Batt Insulation Tool.

Okay, great, thank you.  My only experience with 2019 is a few short-lived trials, so, I'm comparing 2020 to 2018...

• Like 1