Tablets

He's talking tablets in the sense of portable PC running Windows with it's Tablet version of XP.

I think if you do a search on the net there are a few sites and forums dedicated to these machines.

I'm sure given the specification of the machines available VW will run as well as the equivalent desktop machine, although on the face of it the only advantage I see over a good and much broader range of available "normal" laptops is the capability to imput directly on the screen.

In fact some are made to be both, with swiveling screen etc.

Alan

[ 06-15-2005, 08:57 AM: Message edited by: alanmac ]

• 4 weeks later...

Steer clear of the Slate tablets. Everything about them is excellent but the graphics drivers. They have good screens, are comfortable to work with and have excellent battery life. Intel keeps releasing new drivers, and Sketchup is now working for me, but VW is still a mess.

Steer clear of the Slate style tablet pc's. They all run the same Intel graphics sets that I have I am told. The graphics drivers cause VW to crash constantly. I have discoverd the hard way that good graphics drivers are essential. Otherwise, the tablets have good screens, are comfortable to work with and have excellent battery life. Intel keeps releasing new drivers, and Sketchup is now working for me, but VW is still a mess.

I'd like to hear from anyone who uses a Wacom Contiq interactice screen tablet where you input directly onto the screen with the wireless pen. Is this a benefit when working with VW? My options are to invest in this or alternatively a 30 inch mac display. With thanks to anyone who can advise.