Best Small Plotter?

Chris_W

I use a Canon ImagePrograf TM-200, it's hard to describe as small but it's quick and produces outstanding results on most media. Table top or you can get a stand. Uses Pigment inks so they don't run when they get wet. 

I have been very happy with this machine. I've had HPs, Epson and Canon over the years and in my experience Canon has proved to be a good brand.

• Like 2
On 9/16/2019 at 5:06 PM, ColinW said:

I use a Canon ImagePrograf TM-200, it's hard to describe as small but it's quick and produces outstanding results on most media. Table top or you can get a stand. Uses Pigment inks so they don't run when they get wet. 

I have been very happy with this machine. I've had HPs, Epson and Canon over the years and in my experience Canon has proved to be a good brand.

Have one too. Works fine once installed and running, though the installer of the drivers for Mac could be way better. The installer pretty much needs a Canon technician to make it work. 

I have an HP T520 36" that has performed quite well. Also not small but anything that will print D is going to have some size.  Plug n play on a Mac, easy to print sheet stock (smaller sizes). Not terribly expensive and Amazon will drop it at your door. Ink readily available. You do have to take care of these things and I'm lucky I have a good HP tech who services nothing but large format machines.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2019 at 9:36 AM, Claes Lundstrom said:

Have one too. Works fine once installed and running, though the installer of the drivers for Mac could be way better. The installer pretty much needs a Canon technician to make it work. 

The installers are fragmented so the process isn't as straight forward as it should be although I didn't have any issues (on a mac), I've previously had a large format Canon so that may have helped.

Sorry, I've been absent from this conversation! These look like great options! 

...I never thought I'd be so excited to spend this much money on a printer, but here we are! :p

@Markvl - The extra feed tray is pretty slick. Curious, do you know if you can create a publishing set that will use different trays for different sizes? What about using different printers? I'm travelling without VWX at the moment so I can't check myself...