Raking truss causes random fixture placement... 2020

Ryan Seybert

Not sure what the step by step process raking truss is now that have the ability to change the angle, rotation, and roll of truss.

What I've found so far is that hanging positions do not work like this, only individual sticks of truss.  I tested this out with 3 sticks of truss and some vipers.  If I select all three sticks together and say they have a hanging angle of 30º they each change independently of each other.  The fixtures on each truss stay with their specific truss.

Now for the really goofy part - If I click on a truss and drag it to another, they will snap to each other as they should except the fixtures on the moving truss are offset from their original location.  If I grab the third stick of truss and do the same move the fixtures are offset as well... except worse.  As if the there is a compounding effect going on.

I tried creating the raked truss first and adding the fixtures but that's a pain in the ass and a half.

I posted some photos for reference.

I downloaded 2020 just to futz around with it.  Still using 2019 for actual work so none of this is a real issue for me.  Just wanted to throw what I've discovered out there to get the ball rolling on 2020 SP1.

Screen Shot 2019-09-14 at 3.41.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-14 at 3.42.08 PM.png