OzCad Detailer Tool

Boh

I am starting to play with the Detailer Tool which comes as part of the Australasia vw release and am finding it really powerful. I want to set up a bug free set of tool styles which can be used in both section views and in detail drawings.

I've checked out the OzCad training vids which are great, however I am wondering if there is any feedback/advise from other users out there who are using the tool? I'd really appreciate a few tips from people familiar with the tool and have already gone through this process. I will of course be happy to share back when I get more familiar with it.

Thanks in advance.

image.thumb.png.faec77758c9336f2a26cf21c1adb21ee.png

• 1 month later...

So I’ve had some time now to play with this tool and to use it on several projects.

Ive set up a range of detailer symbols which incorporates our office class system and it works pretty well.

Ive also managed to set up quite a few styles that can easily be adapted to suit most common floor, wall, roof and ceiling systems. Ive even set up the styles so that if additional components are added the default symbols and settings for the additional components are common sensible symbols - not something randomly meaningless.

The tool does take some getting used to but I think it’s worth the effort. Its made drafting of 2d sections very clean and accurate. I’ve also started using them for construction detailing and it is great to quickly be able to set up construction details. 

There are a few quirks to the tool. The two main points are:

1) I haven’t yet discovered what the point of using linear material wall styles in the tool instead of just symbols stretched to length.

Just using symbols and not wall styles keeps it simple. Organising a symbol library is much more straightforward. I find it easier to just ignore the linear material aspect of the tool.

2) It seems the “style parameters” are a little shaky. E.g. In the “Components “ settings you can change styled parameters of a single instance of a detailer object. Style parameters settings should be greyed out in this scenario. Only when editing the style itself should you be able to edit styled parameter settings.

Hopefully this makes sense to someone out there and is helpful!  Would still love to hear from anyone else who has experience with this tool they would like to share.