Kurt M

adjusting panoramas 2

Greetings. I am having issues with manipulating panorama background images.  When I import a background created with a Samsung gear 360 camera it comes in ok ( see attached) but when I want to rotate it to be in the correct ordination, the background turns all yellow ?  What am I doing wrong ?  Also the +/- rotation function in the background panorama dialog box is not very smooth at all (when it doesn't turn all yellow).  Values of rotation inputted make it jump around not very accurately.  Is there a trick to it ? 

Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 11.53.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 11.52.59 AM.png

FYI this happens in 2019. I exported to 2018 and the panorama adjusts fine 😞

1 hour ago, Luis M Ruiz said:

If it was not made with the Maxon requirements then these turn yellow.

What are the “Maxon requirements” for panoramas? Are they described in the Vw2019 & 2020 Help file somewhere? Thanks.

@Luis M Ruiz Can we please get more details on this?

I need to be able to make custom RW backgrounds of locations that we've photographed. It used to be easy, now I keep getting yellow backgrounds... Urgh.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I called tech support.  I was using jpeg files, they said thats the problem , use png files.  

So that works !  I converted my jpeg files to png files in Preview.

Edited by Kurt M
  • Like 1

I also learned today that in Photoshop you can set a file to "Image<Mode<32 bits/Channel" - then when you go to Save As, you can now choose "Radiance" which will save out a .hdr file. Obviously it's not saving multiple exposure information like a true HDR, but it got me closer and it's now working in Vectorworks 👍

1573978277_ScreenShot2019-10-03at1_50_31PM.thumb.png.02c7d55c9f63bc8a23da7930a53a7f9b.png

2058608293_ScreenShot2019-10-03at1_50_51PM.thumb.png.db84d296b934286ec786b1df92a05dd0.png