History-Based Modeling?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

No... it's a diagrammatic explanation of the functionality I'm afraid. 

To get through the history of a chamfer, shell, and fillet just double-click as you would before with other solid operations. This will take you through the history right back to the original poly that created the extrude.

In addition, if you select a Fillet, Chamfer, or Shell you have the Modify button with which you can change what you've applied to the object.

• Like 1
Guest Wes Gardner

Hi Bruce,

There isn't really a menu...but there is a history list...double-clicking on the objects "steps" you back through its history...you can then modify the surface/edge for that operation.

Tamsin beat me to it...Enjoy!

Wes

Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 9.55.39 AM.png

2 hours ago, Bruce Kieffer said:

First, I want to thank Vectorworks for adding history-based modeling of fillets, chamfers, and shells in Vectorworks 2020. That is HUGE! I see this "History" menu in the image for the promo video. Is this a real menu? I can't find it in Vectorworks 2020.

The first thing I looked for was the "menu" too 🙂 I had hoped we were getting a history tree like some other pieces of software have but alas no. Its another case of the marketing images being the reality we all want.....

Kevin

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Tamsin Slatter said:

No... it's a diagrammatic explanation of the functionality I'm afraid. 

1 hour ago, Kevin McAllister said:

Its another case of the marketing images being the reality we all want.....

Quoted for agreement.  The marketing GUI is very misleading to new users (and us old users too...)