Planting plan tags

Dani W

Guest Alex Sagatov

Two first ways that came to mind for doing this:

1) Place the acronym inside of the symbol you are using for the plant. I would recommend placing them in their own class for easy toggling. - You would then do the Count-Arconym tag with the built in plant tag options.

2) Add the acronym over top of the symbols using the Data Tag tool. This could be easily added on the design layer or over top of a specific viewport for this view. - Again, the overall Count-Acronym tag would be done with the built in plant tag options.

Thanks Uglycat, ASagatovVW,

We have an extensive custom plant symbol library of 900 plant symbols so we were trying to avoid having to edit them individually to add the acronym into each symbol.  Is there a way to use the data tag  such that in one operation it attaches to all the plant symbols of each particular plant  in one go?  Otherwise it is no different than adding a text box to each symbol.  Otherwise we will need to go through all our plant symbols and a the acronym class to each one.

Guest Alex Sagatov

@Dani W As I messed with this, my #2 option definitely seems like the best option I can think of; however, you will run into a possible unwanted result with grouped plants. This method will still allow you to add the tags pretty quickly into your document (way faster than manually doing it) with the second tool mode.