Disappearing Symbols

Don't forget not only to check your classes visibilities in the classes themselves. I had a load of stuff disappear but knew they were there from select all and the bounding handles appearing.

Although I'd switched on all classes in the "organise" menu they had somehow been assigned invisible in their actual class structure. I didn't do it - honest. A change of each class to visible and they appeared again.

Aplogises if you've tried or done it already.

Alan

Running Quicktime 6.5.2.......

I went into the class pull-down and manual turned each class on....It lets me place the symbol, but then it disappears. I can't bring it up with 'select all', but I can see the last one I placed by checking "custom size" in the object info palette.....

is this weird or what???

thanks,

PM

I keep trying to place symbols and they will disappear as soon as I place them and orient them to the page.

I am trying to place a structural shape (wide flange to be exact). If I place it it disappears, then I go to select different "W" shapes and nothing happens. However, if I select "custom size" the symbol appears while I am editing the dimensions. That tells me it is there.....somewhere. WHERE DOES IT GO AND HOW CAN I SEE IT AGAIN???

thanks,

PM

• 2 weeks later...

I just had a similar experience with the angle tool. Inserted it was fine. Any modification with the OIP, either size or class, would make it disappear. Selecting custom size would bring it back. Tried inserting into a new drawing and same deal. Relaunched VW and all is well again.