2D Components Feature with Lighting Devices

MTRobin

Question

4 answers to this question

Valid points, but all I am suggesting is that lighting devices work exactly like regular symbols. The user can draw what ever they want to be the 2D representation when the viewport is viewing the top, bottom, left, or right and it will display the 2D you drew for that view. If there is no 2D or the view is in perspective or isometric, it will just display the 3D.

I am referring to this video where it works with symbols. I just don't see how this isn't possible with lighting devices.

Thank you,

Maxwell

• Like 1

Hey MTRobin,

I'm sure you've figured out a method by now, but what I've done is taken the 3D component and basically just copied and pasted it onto my 2D top-view. Then under Modify, I hit Create Symbol. I know you lose a lot of data this way, but it gets that part of it done. For me, I'm mostly making lighting plots for my gaffer and rigging gaffer, and so the 2D plots with lamps that look how they actually look from birdseye are more useful to me than the immense amount of data available. It's not an ideal workaround, but it does the job for now until this suggestion gets implemented.