can we get better organization of libraries?

jnr

Question

The resource manager organization of libraries has been a hot mess for sometime and seems to be getting worse along the way as new products are added. It needs an overhaul. For example in the US release, for AEC professionals, that the organization of materials does not follow CSI division format is an abomination (for that matter any national construction standard). Manufacturers product folders are dropped in willy-nilly, and are intermixed with generic ones. Directories labeled object-building services, object-building-furnishings or objects-architecture are just confusing and have little to do with how we work/organize. This needs to get cleaned up. As it stands, it's really inefficient. I'm curious whether distributors in other countries organize to follow their national standards.

My guess is the stage lighting community might also benefit with an industry standard organization as well.

If you want to hire me as a consultant to re-organize this, I'm all ears.

• Like 4

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet