Importing Revit & Mass merging duplicate record formats

Hi everyone, 

So I'm creating a new database for our firm, specifically a model database with proprietary and IFC record formats. I'm using a combination of methods in order to import revit, however, so far the operation seems very successful. There are a few snags however, which is why i'm posting on here.

With different manufacturers, the record formats are also proprietary, and are often different formats. merging them into one can be a hassle. I know that there is a merge record function. However, it is on a one by one basis, which makes it a bit difficult.

The problem is this, when i import revit, it makes duplicate record formats for every model that I import into a file. So let's say for the sake of arguement, I import 15-20 GE light fixtures. Out of those light fixtures I will probably get 8-12 separate record formats that are duplicates for every model. 

Is there a way to mass merge record formats? The reason being - if i delete them, it will ask me to either replace them or delete them outright. Some fields in some fixtures are added, and can be slightly different from record to record - so my question is -

Is there a function to mass merge record formats? rather than mass delete?

Thank you in advance everyone!