Slab Drainage Tool

Hassan Raza

Question

5 answers to this question

Hi, when I'm using the slab drainage tool I cannot get the 'drain notes', 'elevations', 'slope arrows' and 'slope values' to disappear even though I have set them to a turned off layer in the slab drainage settings of the relevant slab style.  I have had this problem in the last two 2020 drawing files I have been working on.  I did not have the problem in 2019, the values disappeared when I wanted them to.  Possibly related - changing the default and minimum slope in the slab drainage settings of the slab style has no effect either.  Generally its almost as if changing any of these settings does not feed back into the model, even though any changes are still there when I go back into the settings.  changing something like a component thickness works fine.  Any ideas?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
1 hour ago, Doug Langlois said:

Hi, when I'm using the slab drainage tool I cannot get the 'drain notes', 'elevations', 'slope arrows' and 'slope values' to disappear even though I have set them to a turned off layer in the slab drainage settings of the relevant slab style.  I have had this problem in the last two 2020 drawing files I have been working on.  I did not have the problem in 2019, the values disappeared when I wanted them to.

I cannot reproduce this.  When I turn off the class that the 'drain notes', 'elevations', 'slope arrows' and 'slope values' are set to, they all turn off as expected for me (on Vectorworks 2020 SP5).  Do you have a simple file you can attached that demonstrates this?

Possibly related - changing the default and minimum slope in the slab drainage settings of the slab style has no effect either.  Generally its almost as if changing any of these settings does not feed back into the model, even though any changes are still there when I go back into the settings.  changing something like a component thickness works fine.  Any ideas?

In the Slab Replacement dialog, are you selecting the "Replace Drainage Settings" option?  Note:  The "Default Slope" and "Minimum Slope" settings will not change anything in the slab object's geometry.  The Default Slope is for newly placed drains and the Minimum Slope only determines when to trigger the error alert icons.

image.png

• Like 1

Hi Matt, thanks for your response.  In the short term I had sorted a work around, where I pasted in a slab from a colleagues V2020 file which was not showing the drainage information and then used that as a base to create new slabs and it worked.  Though now I cannot recreate the problem I was having in my original file.

But I think you may have hit on the solution to both my problems in your second answer - I was not ticking the replace drainage settings box.  If I have the problem again I will make sure to tick the box and see if that helps.

Thanks again