VW 2020 render progress bar?

Bruce Kieffer

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I wish they'd fix this.

It really does take away from the user experience and updating (renders, shared files, viewports etc.) is way more annoying.  You have no idea what is going on and then you can easily refresh, or re-update because you didn't think you clicked it the fist time.

This basic stuff drives me nuts.

• Like 2

Agreed!

It's extremely frustrating not knowing if the software is actually doing anything or not. When i export an image, the only indication I get that anything is happening is that the program freezes up. When it comes back to life, I know the render has finished. I get the teacup and progress bar sometimes when rendering in the working environment, but it often takes it's sweet time to show up. Surely, it's not supposed to be like this.

Running a MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2019) with 2.4 GHz Intel Core i9, 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB & Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB.

MacOS Mojave, vectorworks 2020 spotlight.

• Like 3
12 hours ago, line-weight said:

Do I need to update the title of the thread linked below to read 'VW2021' instead of 'VW2020'?

You do, yes.  While 2020 has some nice new features (or at least capabilities), it's as graphically-challenged as it's ever been since the introduction of the VGM (the benefits of which mostly continue to elude me).  Please fix Vectorworks.  Someone.  Anyone.  Please!

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...
On 3/11/2020 at 11:55 PM, line-weight said:

If something got fixed in less than 6 months, we'd all fall off our chairs in surprise

Funny...but it really shouldn’t be the case when you spend £££ for software that shouldn’t even be out of Beta testing before they offer it to us...

This is the problem, I'm due to renew my subscription today and yet we have a current release of software with a broken progress bar and viewport settings that seem to change themselves randomly based on your graphic card setting - and yet we're to re-up for 2021.  

• Like 1
  • JuanP locked this topic