Bruce Kieffer

VW 2020 render progress bar?

With VW 2020, I'm seeing both the teacup and the progress bar for a Renderworks perspective (albeit with a delay before any sign that the rendering has started and before the progress bar appears).

But for section viewports, no progress bar.  I miss the progress bar...

• Like 2

Open GL progress bar is gone too...if you hit the update botton (or update all viewports) no signs that its doing it...very irretating!

I wish they'd fix this.

It really does take away from the user experience and updating (renders, shared files, viewports etc.) is way more annoying.  You have no idea what is going on and then you can easily refresh, or re-update because you didn't think you clicked it the fist time.

This basic stuff drives me nuts.

• Like 2

Agreed!

It's extremely frustrating not knowing if the software is actually doing anything or not. When i export an image, the only indication I get that anything is happening is that the program freezes up. When it comes back to life, I know the render has finished. I get the teacup and progress bar sometimes when rendering in the working environment, but it often takes it's sweet time to show up. Surely, it's not supposed to be like this.

Running a MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2019) with 2.4 GHz Intel Core i9, 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB & Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB.

MacOS Mojave, vectorworks 2020 spotlight.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, rb-arch said:

Glad we're not the only ones.  Rather than new features, I'd prefer stable software.  It is stuff like this that makes me re-consider the subscription service.  We still have project sharing bugs from 2018 that aren't resolved.  

Do I need to update the title of the thread linked below to read 'VW2021' instead of 'VW2020'?

(I've not used 2020 yet myself)

• Like 4

12 hours ago, line-weight said:

Do I need to update the title of the thread linked below to read 'VW2021' instead of 'VW2020'?

You do, yes.  While 2020 has some nice new features (or at least capabilities), it's as graphically-challenged as it's ever been since the introduction of the VGM (the benefits of which mostly continue to elude me).  Please fix Vectorworks.  Someone.  Anyone.  Please!

• Like 2