Can't See Anything In Workspace After Updating To VW2020

Simon B

Question

Hi All, 

I've recently updated to VW Architect 2020 and I cant see anything I draw in the workspace... I've tried importing models that I've previously made (and are perfectly visible) in VW19 but I cant see anything on the layers set to visible, I can however click and drag across the blank screen and then objects etc. appear highlighted in the Object Info Pallete...

I've checked the obvious things like class visibility but everything seems normal, I just cant see anything other than a blank canvass, not even a cursor grid :( 

I'm sure it's a simple fix but I cant figure it out, can anyone help?

Thanks In Advance 

Simon

Vw Troubleshoot Image.png

13 answers to this question

I've seen visibility problems a couple times with 2020.  If you select an invisible object, especially roof faces like @Simon B was seeing and change an attribute and change it back it suddenly pops to life.  The easiest one for me is turn on drop shadow and turn it off.

Especially on roofs faces, I've found it helps to Command-[ ( or Control-[ ) to get to the underlying polygon and then exit, that makes it pop to life.

In either case, I've found that if this fix works at all it fixes it forever.  Or at least a long time. 🙂