VW10.5 to 11.5 trouble

I opened an old file yesterday and found that all elements of the drawing apart from simple lines (including walls, windows, dimensions, etc.) were not editable nor even selectable - they're just background. I'd really like to be able to use these files, rather than redraw everything. I haven't seen anything like this discussed - is there a fix?

I'm using VW 11.5 on Mac OS 10.4, and the files in question were created on VW 10.5 on Mac OS 10.3, neither of which I have access to anymore. Thanks for your help.

Though I have never had the problem, I do recall the suggestion to reference this file into a new drawing. If you are able to then select items you can create duplicate layers, select all, ctrl-click to duplicate, then use the OIP to move the duplicated items to a nonreference layer.

Nevertheless, if there's a corruption WGR doesn't find nor eliminate it. Make sure you always WGR to a new empty file structure not to a working drawing.

Checking fonts & symbols is basically a manual processs. When you stumble onto the the offender you will be both relieved and surprised ... as in reprised.

Start with the symbols and look for embedded fonts with '0' size. Select the type face and make sure the type face is from your currrent system ... should have check mark on it.

Also fonts in PIO are an issue soe check the text fields in the OIP.