2020 Architect Open GL Rendering ...

Allen Brown

Question

16 answers to this question

I'm still on High Sierra:

I'm finding that once a Viewport is created, toggling either "Use Textures" or "Use Colors" under OpenGL Background Render settings seems to have no effect; the viewport just keeps rendering with the settings it had when it was created. If I want a white model viewport I have to make sure it's set that way before making the viewport... This is the first substantial bug I've seen in 2020 that severely interrupts workflow.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, JuanP said:

Good news - Our R&D team is working on fixing this issue in a future SP. In the meantime. I've attached a file which has a workaround for this issue. If you double-click the "TurnOffVPDuplicates" script in this file, this problem will be resolved. The "TurnOnVPDuplicates" script will make this issue show up again.

Thank you for the workaround, Juan! I have no comprehension of what it's doing, but it works  🙌

• Like 1
On 9/18/2019 at 12:50 PM, JuanP said:

Good news - Our R&D team is working on fixing this issue in a future SP. In the meantime. I've attached a file which has a workaround for this issue. If you double-click the "TurnOffVPDuplicates" script in this file, this problem will be resolved. The "TurnOnVPDuplicates" script will make this issue show up again.

VPDuplicatesSetPref.vwx

Thanks, Juan.  I'll give this a try.  I also found that if you go into the viewport, design layer (or camera) and edit the render settings there, then back out again to sheet view, the correct render settings are applied.  But we look forward to vWorks fixing this in a more official manner.  Best,

• Like 1

Hi, we are having this same problem with VW2020 after SP2. The annoying thing is that the problem persists when saved back to a VW2019 file and there is seemingly no way to fix this. This has now affected around 10 of our most recent projects which is hugely frustrating.

Furthermore I tried to download the workaround above and the link is no longer active.

Is everyone else still having this problem and is there something that can be done about it?

Martyn

5 hours ago, MartynHowes said:

Hi, we are having this same problem with VW2020 after SP2. The annoying thing is that the problem persists when saved back to a VW2019 file and there is seemingly no way to fix this. This has now affected around 10 of our most recent projects which is hugely frustrating.

Furthermore I tried to download the workaround above and the link is no longer active.

Is everyone else still having this problem and is there something that can be done about it?

Martyn

Here's the download workaround just in case..

VPDuplicatesSetPref.vwx