v.2020 now available

On 9/11/2019 at 10:24 AM, rb-arch said:

Here's a link showing the disappearance of the status / update bar on the lower right.....   

Anyone else having this problem?  All our iMac's are like this - the status bar doesn't show updates when saving, saving and committing or updating viewports.  It is amazing how much more frustration it adds when you don't know how far along it is.  My video shows the difference between 2020 and 2019.  The link should show a high quality video.

On 9/14/2019 at 6:50 AM, Matt Overton said:

I’ve seen nothing yet in this about how sections have improved. 

Agreed. Section times are terrible. 

@JuanP Vectorworks is primarily a tool for Architects and Designers to output drawings.

The performance of this is atrociously slow in the 3D workflow. Per post below.
Speeding this up has to happen NOW.

When can we expect this primary function of this tool to improve?

PS Please don't ask me to send confidential Project Files to tech support.

My experience is that I send confidential files out only to get a 'cannot replicate problem' response, and doesn't go further. 
We are highly proficient VW users with very good knowledge of IT, we have very good hardware in our office.

• Like 3
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
10 hours ago, rDesign said:

This does make sense, but I didn’t see where the ‘empty’ icon functionality was described in the Help file section on Creating 2D Components for Symbol Definitions and Plug-ins. It might be something that deserves explanation.

Good point. I'll see if I can get something added for that.

Thanks,

Matt

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Matt Panzer said:
12 hours ago, rDesign said:

This does make sense, but I didn’t see where the ‘empty’ icon functionality was described in the Help file section on Creating 2D Components for Symbol Definitions and Plug-ins. It might be something that deserves explanation.

Good point. I'll see if I can get something added for that.

Thanks,

Matt

Ok, there actually is information in the help about this but you need to expand the "Click to show/hide the parameters" section under the "Component Edit" palette image. We plan to make that section no longer collapsable so it's always visible.

Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 11.19.54 AM.png

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Matt Panzer said:

We plan to make that section no longer collapsable so it's always visible.

Matt - thank you for finding that section, I clearly missed it.

Generally speaking, I’m not a fan of most of the collapsible sections in the Help file. I’m always having to click them open because that’s where almost all of the important info lives.

1 hour ago, Andy Broomell said:
2 hours ago, rDesign said:

Generally speaking, I’m not a fan of most of the collapsible sections in the Help file. I’m always having to click them open because that’s where almost all of the important info lives.

Agreed.

Scrolling isn't difficult.

Very good points. I'll pass this along to the powers that be to see if we can make some improvements.

Thanks for the feedback, Andy and rDesign. Sorry to let you know, we had so many users tell us that they love the collapsible sections (since the parameters don't get in the way of the overall process, once you are familiar with the parameters), that we plan to keep them in the help for now. I know that doesn't help you, but at least it explains why we have them.

Alexandra

• Like 1
  • Administrator
13 hours ago, Amorphous - Julian said:

The performance of this is atrociously slow in the 3D workflow. Per post below.
Speeding this up has to happen NOW.

When can we expect this primary function of this tool to improve?

PS Please don't ask me to send confidential Project Files to tech support.

@Amorphous - JulianI was doing some digging into these issues and the ones that you're referring in your post (above). I found a bug entry about it, I'm increasing the priority level.VB-158507

I will check on any changes in sections and will report back.  

25 minutes ago, Andy Broomell said:

1090952085_calloutauto.thumb.jpg.d77ce4bb9c4f81427a75395c57a6a003.jpg

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!

Wait... does this mean that if I switch my callout to point to the same thing but from the opposite direction...I don't have to fiddle around and change the text justification manually any more? Custom for RSI clinics around the globe is going to go down! What are VW thinking?

• Like 1

1090952085_calloutauto.thumb.jpg.d77ce4bb9c4f81427a75395c57a6a003.jpg

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!

Yes - so glad this is back! This genuinely might be one of my top-five favorite updates from the last two versions.

Once v2020 can edit callout text again, this will be great.